How to Clean a Popcorn Machine - Daily Maintenance
With popcorn being the most popular snack to eat at the movies, no one wants to be put off this most delicious food by seeing it made in a popcorn machine that looks less than sparkling. Follow this simple Cretors guide to learn the best way to clean your popcorn machine.
What to Use to Clean A Popcorn Machine
Before you get yourself elbow-deep in a mountain of popcorn debris, you need to make sure you have the right equipment for the task ahead:
- A bowl of hot soapy water
- Cretors Inside Kettle Cleaner
- Cleaning cloths
Now that you are all prepared with your equipment, you can begin the cleaning process. We like to go Snow-White-style (minus the birds and forest animals) and whistle while we work.
The Best Way to Clean Your Popcorn Machine
Follow these steps for the best way to clean your popcorn machine:
- 1.Turn off the power to your popcorn machine (electricity and water don’t mix well).
- 2.Remove the drop shelf from the base of the popper and set it aside. This will allow you to gain easier access to the inside of the cabinet.
- 3.Raise the kettle lid and, with the kettle in the dump position, wipe the inside and outside of the kettle with a damp cloth.
- 4.Lift the weight to remove the stirrer blade, weight, and kettle lid. Wash these in the sink with hot soapy water.
- 5.Sweep all loose debris into the clean-out drawer. Remove the clean-out drawer from the cabinet and empty the debris.
- 6.Wash the clean-out drawer and the drop shelf in the sink with hot soapy water.
- 7.Wipe down the inside of the cabinet including the popper case bottom and glass sides with warm soapy water.
- 8.Re-install the clean-out drawer and drop shelf.
- 9.Clean the doors with a soft towel and warm soapy water. Do not use abrasives or glass cleaners on the doors as they will cloud them up.
- 10.Re-assemble the kettle lid, weight, and stirrer blade into your sparkly clean popcorn machine.
- 11.You are now ready to switch your popcorn machine back on and get back to making everyone’s favorite delicious snack.
For those days when cleaning your popcorn machine is desperately needed but you don’t have the time for a deep clean, we recommend using Cretors Heat N’ Spray. Simply spray on a warm kettle, wait for 15-30 seconds then wipe off. No water is necessary to get rid of the grease and grime and your kettle will look like new!
Clean Your Popcorn Machine with Cretors
Cleaning your popcorn machine is now one of the easiest jobs on your list of chores thanks to Cretors cleaning supplies and our foolproof guide.
If your popcorn machine is looking a little tired and no amount of cleaning will spruce it up, why not treat yourself to a new machine? Here at Cretors, we sell a wide variety of poppers from small through mid-size to large, as well as cotton candy machines and pizza ovens! Contact us today and we will be more than happy to answer any questions!